Latest investment creates more work
We have just won a new £500k investment and we are going fast to develop our new technology with enquiries coming in from around the world. If you are interested in working in Agritechnology in which our company group is a pioneer, then send your CV to Harriet@milkalyser.com . We have a number of vacancies developing as we expand.
Here are details of one of them.
Development engineer for new IoT technology
Milkalyser is an innovative technology-led company focused on developing new in-line milk analysis to revolutionise dairy cow fertility management and to improve cow welfare. Our team has developed and now manufactures wireless telemetry systems and is now developing a system to be retrofitted in milking parlours. The system is a self contained IoT device and needs no wiring for first installation and requires wifi interfacing to legacy systems of RFID and other data sources.
We are seeking a keen engineer capable of working at the cutting edge of dairy research designing fixes and integrating our system into West Country milking parlours from different third party manufacturers. The role is based at our office and workshop in Exeter and is suitable for someone experienced in fitting electrical or electronic equipment in the field.
- Setting up a Milking Machine test rig to test components of Milkalyser
- Design and run a test program to identify design improvements
- Prepare installation and test instruction sets for installers
- Train installers of Milkalyser Hubs and Units in Milking Parlours
- Identifying technical solutions needed in software or hardware for product improvement
- Report to the development team on a regular basis
- Keeping product improvement notes
- Attend events and exhibitions to promote the company
- A working knowledge of RFID systems and IoT devices
- Ability to fix connection problems between RFID systems and wifi
- Experience of integrating hardware and software
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of CANBUS
- A full driving licence
- Working knowledge of Milking Robots and dairy parlours
- Training skills
Full training will be given in the technology of Milkalyser and vehicle provided as appropriate.
Hours of work: Normal hours of work (to be discussed at interview stage) 37 hours per week (9-5 with flexi-time). There is a possibility of part-time job share option.
Salary: Competitive salary to be discussed starting at £27000. A permanent contract is subject to successful completion of a 3 month probationary period. Start as soon as possible.